Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh, hey there Chameleon... I didn't see you.

With all of the excitement of the baby chicks hatching ("Peep! Peep! Peep!", says all of my kindergarteners) and graduation.. we have been talking about chameleons and how they change colors!

Day 1: Talked about patterns, then we painted two sheets of paper with a target pattern.

Day 2: Watched a video about Eric Carle's book "The Mixed-up Chameleon"; folded one of our papers in half and used a tracer to trace and cut out our Chameleons. Then we opened them up and glued them standing up on our other painted paper to blend in.



Day 3: I had my little artists fill out a worksheet for me. I probably would change some things about it, now having done it with 2 classes. But, the students aren't the only ones that are learning. :) At the bottom, I had them draw their own mixed-up chameleon. SUPER cute and creative. 

My worksheet:


The beautiful mixed-up chameleons! 





3 comments:

  1. I love this book.
    It is funny but I was thinking of creating an art project based on this book :)
    The mixed up chameleons look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    marble mosaic tile

    ReplyDelete