Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clay Piggy Banks

As my first lesson at the elementary school, I have been working with the 3rd graders along with the 6th and 7th graders making piggy banks from clay! I'm so excited to see the final results. We set our first round of firing today and I can't wait to get back on Tuesday to see how they turned out! They did such a wonderful job and I love all of the little characteristics each piggy has. I will post pictures of the making of the pigs after they have been glaze fired. I'm getting anxious to show everyone all of their hard work!

During my last demonstration for the 3rd graders, my CT taped it using the doc cam. For student teaching, I am required to tape myself and then review it. I was really nervous about doing it at first, but I am actually very proud of them! I made my first google doc presentation and as soon as I get it finished, I will upload it to share with all of you!

Here is a spoiler of what is to come....




On another note: I have to say, I am really enjoying my time here. I cannot believe that it already almost May. YIKES! I will certainly miss this. :( So, in 19 days I will turn 24... in 23 days, boyfriend will turn 26... and in 24 days I will be walking in my graduation ceremony!!! However, I technically won't be finished until the end of my ST experience in June. So, I have lots of things to look forward to! Hooray Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment