Friday, April 1, 2011

Well, Well, Well...

... I did not update at all during my last school placement. My apologies. So, here is an update as to what I have been up to the past 9 weeks. I just finished at Elk River High School last week and began my first week at Rogers Elementary. If anyone is interested, I have an album on my Facebook from last quarter at the High School. Here is the link.


I had a fantastic time! I already miss the students and my cooperating teachers. My classes included: Drawing II, AP Art, Clay I (2 sections), and Clay 2. I learned so much and so grateful for everything. I have been back a couple of times since the quarter ended, mostly for grading projects that students were VERY late turning in, but also because I wanted to. :) Right as I was leaving, the art department submitted student work to Paramount in St. Cloud and Mrs. Nestrud emailed me to tell me that their students received 12 awards, including the top two prizes! :D I was so ecstatic at the news, but I didn't want her to tell me who won the awards. I want to be surprised when I go to the reception on April 11th. Luke (my boyfriend) is coming too! :D

Anyways, I will be more attentive to my blog over what's happening at the Elementary School. Or at least attempting to. I know I will have a wonderful time, because it's a great school with great kids and great teachers.  Now it is time for me to get back to preparing for next week. I am starting with two lessons! One for 1st grade and the other for 3rd grade. I'm excited to get started! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment